Topic Week 5 - The River Thames
Introduction by Mr Holmes
Week 5 Topic – River Thames
Lesson 1 – Research interesting facts about the River Thames. You could organise your research into sections:
- Key Facts about the Thames: length, width, source, mouth, places it runs through, tributaries, locks, bridges
- Landmarks along the Thames: famous places, buildings, monuments etc, that lie along the Thames.
- Wildlife in the Thames: what animals live in the Thames?
- What the Thames is used for: leisure activities, transport, industries along the Thames
- Fun facts about the Thames: anything else interesting you have found out.
Here are some websites to help with your research:
Lesson 2 and 3 – Present your information in an interesting way. Here are some suggestions:
- Powerpoint presentation
- 3D Model – made of lego, clay, junk modelling
- Create a quiz