How to make the perfect Victoria Sponge Cake:
Hey guys, it’s Bubblegum, and today, I’m going to be blogging a little differently. I’m going to show you a recipe on how to make the most amazing Victoria sponge that you’ll have ever eaten. Follow the instructions carefully and you will end up with a great cake!
You will need:
· 200g caster sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 4 medium eggs
· 200g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
· About 60g jam
· 250ml double cream, whipped
· icing sugar, for dusting
· 200g self-raising flour, plus some extra for dusting
· 200g unsalted butter, softened, plus a little extra for greasing
· Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Grease and flour 2 x 20cm sandwich tins. Beat the butter, vanilla extract and the sugar in a bowl until it’s at a creamy consistency. Gradually, mix in the eggs (put them in one by one) then fold in the flour and combine.
· Split the mix equally between the cake tins, then place into the oven and bake for about 20 mins (you’ll need an adult’s help when you are doing anything with the oven!). Once they have risen and are a golden brown, take them out of the oven. When gently pushed in the middle, the cakes should spring straight back up. After you have removed them from the oven, allow the cakes to cool for 5 mins in the tin, before turning out onto a wire rack and cooling completely.
· Spread the jam onto one cake - do not put the jam on both sides - and top with the whipped double cream. Sandwich the cakes together and dust with the extra icing sugar.
I hope you enjoy using this recipe! Make sure to look on other Year 6 blogger pages!
Bubblegum signing out!